Fuels and Lubricants Analysis Volume Now Available from ASTM International
STP 1468, Elemental Analysis of Fuels and Lubricants: Recent Advances and Future Prospects, is a new publication now available for purchase from ASTM International. Included in the volume are 23 peer-reviewed papers that provide the latest information on the elemental analysis of fuels and lubricants.
Six sections cover the following topics:
- Overview--covers total quality management practices advocated for obtaining a "perfect" analysis, including proper staff training, sampling, calibration and quality control practices.
- Atomic spectroscopy--focuses on various aspects of inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometry (ICP-AES), mass spectrometry, and isotope dilution mass spectrometry.
- X-Ray spectroscopy--deals with X-ray fluorescence (XRF), including the determination of sulfur in gasoline and diesel, high-power and low-power wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRFs), and bench top energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF).
- Sulfur analysis--examines the analyses of low levels of sulfur in petroleum products, particularly gasoline, reformulated gasoline, and diesel; and applications of on-line technology for sulfur determination in fuels.
- Mercury determination--addresses concerns regarding the mercury content of crude oils and its emission through the petroleum refining process.
- Other heteroatoms--discusses the use of atomic emission detection using gas chromatography (AED-GS) to determine elements such as carbon, nitrogen, etc.; and much more.
Copies of STP 1468, Elemental Analysis of Fuels And Lubricants: Recent Advances and Future Prospects (275 pages, soft cover, ISBN: 0-8031-3494-0; stock # STP1468) are available for $90, from ASTM Customer Service (phone: 610/832-9585; fax: 610/832-9555; or firstname.lastname@example.org), or online at http://www.astm.org.