ASTM International News Releases
ASTM International Announces Availability of Passport to Steel Product
The new online "Passport to Steel" now available from ASTM International provides the latest data on more than 50,000 steels with the ability to find comparable worldwide steel standards from organizations around the globe. Several search options, including product forms and alloy groups, make it easy to find needed information quickly. In addition, a Reference Center provides additional related information, including journal articles and book chapters, hardness conversion tables, and metal terminology in four languages.
Powered by CASTI, "Passport to Steel" features ongoing updates by an engineering and technical team that monitors standards and their changes. That same group also answers questions via email.
A "Passport to Steel" subscription includes all expansions to the database as well as the following:
- Steel and alloy data from ASTM International, ASME, API, SAE, BSI, CEN, CSA, DIN, AFNOR, JIS, and ISO,
- Data on more than 8,000 ASME ferrous alloys from Section II, Part A of the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code,
- Increased searching power using nominal, minimum, maximum ranged values, or wildcards,
- Search results page displaying up to 6 information-packed sortable tables,
- Search criteria saved when sessions "time out" allowing users to quickly resume their searches,
- Searchable by impact strength by absorbed energy at temperature; and
- An online help manual with examples that explain the use of "Passport to Steels" features.
To subscribe to the online "Passport to Steel," contact ASTM Customer Service (phone: 610/832-9585, fax: 610/832-9555, or email@example.com), or online at http://www.astm.org. A one-year subscription (individual workstation, one user, single PC access only) is $995 (stock # PSTSTEEL). For multi-user access (single or multi-site), contact George Zajdel, ASTM International (phone: 610/832-9614; firstname.lastname@example.org).